Continuing Professional Development
Our commitment to continuing professional development is maintained through attendance at conferences, workshops and supervision sessions.
All psychologists are required by the Health & Care Professions Council to undertake clinical supervision of their work and obtain continuing professional education through-out their careers. You can read about this obligation here:
In addition, Dr Carstairs as a Cardiff University accredited expert has an obligation to maintain and update her expert witness skills. For more information on this, see this:
Lastly, Dr Carstairs is also a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy and this brings with it an obligation to undertake continuing professional development in the area of psychoanalytic psychotherapy. You can read about this here:
In the past two years, she has met and exceeded all of these requirements with the following courses:
- Society for Personality Assessment Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA, 21st & 22nd March 2019
- Advanced topics in personnel selection for high-risk occupations. Workshop with Dr Ray King, Federal Aviation Administration, Society for Personality Assessment Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA, 21st March 2019
- Interpersonal Psychoanalysis and the Birth of Relationality: The William Alanson White Institute at 75. A celebratory symposium, New York, NY, 10th November 2018.
- The growth-promoting role of mutual regressions in deep psychotherapy. Master class with Dr Allan Schore, London, participation by remote learning via nscience, 29th October 2018
- Experts under the Judicial microscope: Cases, commentary and criticisms. Expert Witness Institute annual conference, London, 27th September 2018
- When the body speaks: Somatic issues and projective methods. International Society of the Rorschach and projective methods, Summer seminars, Montreux, Switzerland, 20th to 22nd July 2018
- GDPR for Expert Witnesses Toolkit. Bond Solon on-line training, completed on 13th May 2018
- Challenges in working with attachment and dependency in complex trauma. Workshop with Kathy Steele, London, 10th May 2018
- Masterclass in Expert Report Writing. Bond Solon training. London, 10th April 2018
- Desire in the consulting room. Workshop with Dr Celenza, Prof Schaverien and Mr Slade, The Tavistock Clinic, London, 4th November 2017
- Prognosis in adjustment disorders. Presentation by Prof Patricia Casey, The 16th Annual Grange Conference, North Yorkshire, 26th September 2017
- Neuroscience of Enduring Change: Applications to Psychotherapy. University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 15th & 16th September 2017
- Council of Administration meeting of the CS International Rorschach Association. University Paris West, Nanterre, France, 22nd July 2017
- 22nd Rorschach Congress of the International Society of the Rorschach and projective methods, Paris, France, 18th to 21st July 2017
- The Rorschach Comprehensive Psychodynamic System. One day workshop with Prof Anne Andronikof, 22nd Rorschach Congress of the International Society of the Rorschach and projective methods, Paris, France, 17th July 2017
- Old-fashioned lust in theory and practice. Dr Rosemary Balsam, William Alanson White Institute of Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis & Psychology, New York, NY, 24th February 2017
Full details for continuing professional development for associates will be provided upon request.